Let's Tour de Yorkshire!
05 April 2017
On Saturday 29th April, the Tour de Yorkshire will arrive in Harrogate, when the town will play host to the finish of the Tour de Yorkshire women's race and the finish of the second stage of the men's race. With a world class field of cyclists and live international TV coverage it promises to be an unforgettable weekend and a great chance to showcase both our beautiful county and the town of Harrogate!
There are a range of activities taking place throughout the weekend, including a Cycle Festival Zone in Harrogate on West Park Stray, which will be in operation Friday to Sunday. Please click here for more details.
Road closures and traffic management
The vast majority of the race route will be closed under rolling road closures typically lasting for up to one hour per race. However due to the installation and removal of race infrastructure at the finish area and the safe operation of the race for spectators and riders alike, it is necessary to close and/or restrict parking on several roads in and around Harrogate centre.
The main road closures are outlined below - further information including the map of the route please click here.
Closed 05:00 to 21:00 Saturday 29th April 2017
- A61 West Park and Parliament Street
- Oxford Street - Union Street to Parliament Street
- The Ginnel - Montpellier Street to Parliament Street
- Parliament Terrace
- Cambridge Crescent
- Cambridge Terrace
- Montpellier Parade
- Montpellier Hill - Montpellier Street to West Park
- Albert Street - John Street to West Park
- Raglan Street - John Street to West Park
- Victoria Avenue - Princes Square to West Park
- Brunswick Place
- Tower Street (car park entrance to West Park - Belford Road and Tower Street will be made two way to allow access to/from Victoria Avenue
- Beech Grove - from junction with one way street leading to Victoria Avenue and West Park only, access to properties on Beech Grove will be maintained throughout the closure.
- A61 Ripon Road (Springfield Avenue to Parliament Street)
- Kings Road - Cheltenham Parade to A61 Ripon Road
- Crescent Road - Montpellier Road to A61 Ripon Road
Parking restrictions on the streets outlined will also be in place. Details of these restrictions can be found here.
In addition parking will also be restricted on the following streets as they form parts of temporary bus diversion routes or part of access routes for official race vehicles:
- Victoria Road
- Queen Parade
- Strawberry Dale Avenue - Commercial Street to King's Road
- Springfield Avenue
For the official website for The Tour de Yorkshire please visit www.letour.yorkshire.com. The website has an interactive map that gives a complete overview of all the road closures across Yorkshire. It will also be updated with live travel information over the weekend. On race day BBC Radio York and Stray FM will be broadcasting regular information about the race and road closure information.
For latest information regarding road closures and re-openings as they happen on the day follow @northyorkscc or @Harrogatebc on Twitter or search #tdytravel.
For the scheduling of the route for both the men's and women's races, please visit Stage 2 – Saturday 29th April 2017 Men’s Race or Stage 2 – Saturday 29th April 2017 Women’s Race.
We hope this year's race will be a great weekend for all visitors!